Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

it's Christmas Time...how are YOU doing?

**I wrote this before Christmas, but never posted it, so I realize some of it is a little dated :)
regardless, this is all still true! Christmas is a 12 day celebration and you need to remember that...not to mention this is a good way to live regardless of whether or not it's the Christmas season.
____________

One of my favorite priests ever pointed out the other day that in all the rush to get ready for Christmas, sometimes it's really easy for us to remember what it's all really about...when someone asks you if you're all ready for Christmas do you reply "well, I still need to get to confession" or "hmm...I haven't really fully given myself to the Lord this morning"?

you do?? wow :)

no, but really, a lot of what you hear nowadays (from me included) is something like "auuhggghhh!!!!  I need to finish shopping!!" or, from someone more competent (Nina?) "oh, yeah, I finished three weeks ago...".  But either way, I feel like it is incredibly easy for Christmas to turn into one big celebration and exchanging of gifts.

I know this post is starting to sound like a downer, and I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't celebrate and be happy...I mean, come on, it's only like, the most important birthday in the history of birthday's...

So--lesson to be learned from this scatterbrained post...the Christmas season isn't just about presents and food, but waking up each morning and choosing to get down on your knees and offer that day up to God...

xoxo,
Rachel and Nina

PS-the goal here is that others see God in you...yup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment