Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Hobbit!!! (Again :)

So, two days ago, Rachel and I went to see the Hobbit!!
It was AMAZING! I was very surprised, because I liked many of the characters better in the movie than in the book, especially Thorin (the lead dwarf). And (guess what!) it actually stayed true to the book's plot!!! I loved how they even kept in some of the small details from the book, especially the two songs and the riddles. 
They added certain characters and events to the movie that were from J.R.R. Tolkein's notes (appendices), not actually from the book, adding a little twist. One of these characters was Radagast, the brown wizard. I liked his role in it, because it helped foreshadow the LOTR movies, and it added a little comic relief :) 
I found out that it was only a third of the actual movie, when Rachel whispered near the end, "I think this is were they will stop!" 
I don't know if I can stand the wait for the next two parts of the movie. But this will be better in the long run because the director won't have to cut anything good  that was in the book from the movie.
I highly recommend the Hobbit for EVERYONE, and I might even say this was my favorite movie of the year!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5xpcwquIpRQ


~Nina

2 comments:

  1. I saw it yesterday and loved it too! I thought choices of actors were great and well deserving of praise, it helped in keeping true to the characters.I have always loved Fili and Kili, but liked them so much better in the movie. My heart aches to know of their fate! Two thumbs up for the Hobbit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!
    The three best dwarves die at the end! D:
    But it will be all dramatic and exciting...but still really sad.

    ReplyDelete