Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall pt 4...Fall reads

One of my favorite parts of Fall as I've gotten older is curling with a good book with a cup of hot cocoa, so for this post, and what is better than reading a good book??  Reading a series of then so it can go on even longer!!   I thought I'd suggest some of my favorite series' for reading this Fall, and you can decide whether or not to read them.

First off...a series of retold fairy tales  for teenage girls, fabulously done by Regina Doman..

~Shadow of the Bear (Snow White and Rose Red...I love this one!)
~Black as Night (Snow White...a little slow, but interesting, too)

~Waking Rose (Rose Red...my favorite by far!!)
~Midnight dancers (The twelve Dancing Princesses...it gets pretty intense near the end so watch out!!)

~Alex O'Donnell and the Forty Cyber-thieves (Ali-Baba and the Forty thieves)


Next up, a slightly younger read, but still lots of fun, written by Shannon Hale...

~Goose Girl (based on the story The Goose Girl...surprise!)
~Enna Burning
~River Secrets (hilarious and lots of fun!)
~Forrest Born


Another light (and incredibly cheesy) set of stories by Ally Carter...these are about an all-girls spy academy, and basically a time filler for when you have nothing to do...they are a lot of fun but I must warn you they are pretty cheesy, as you might guess by their titles... :)

~I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
~Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy~Don't Judge a Girl By Her Cover ~Only the Good Spy Young~Out of Sight, Out of Time


A favorite of mine is by Megan Whalen Turner, and absolutely stupendous!!  I can't really describe it, but it's totally worth reading!!

~The Thief (A little bit blah, but it introduces the characters...you can skip if it's too boring...)
~The Queen of Attolia (Sooooooo good!! I love this book!!)
~The King of Attolia (it takes a little to warm up, but when it does...!!!!!!)

Why cant I find a picture anywhere????? Oh well.  You should still read them...possibly one of my favorite series' ever...

And last but not least, written by Trenton Lee Stewart...I didn't find these too amazing, but I know a lot of people who did...maybe you will too!

~The Mysterious Benedict Society
~The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey
~The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoners Dilemma
~The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict (a prequel)


I hope you get a chance to pick up at least a few of these books this Fall!
What are some of your favorite series??  I am always looking for more to add to my list!
~Rachel

Oh. and The Lord of the Rings is good too.  But you already know that :)


No comments:

Post a Comment