Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam!!

...or as spell check wants me to say "bemused papam"...either way, WE HAVE A POPE!

76 year old Argentinian Jesuit Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio took the name of Francis I, wowing the crowd gathered in St Peter's square with his gentle and loving mentality.   

Perks of going to a Catholic school...your principal interrupts your final class to tell us all that there was white smoke, and later letting us go to the main center to watch the new Pope being revealed...awesome :)

Really, I'm way to Pope-high (that's like a sugar high but soo much better:) to write this post so I'm leaving you with this video to watch...Look! It's a video about our new Papa!

It's probably not the best video, but it has all the basics and I'm hungry, exhausted and so excited!!!  Off to go eat some "papal pizza"...my mom made this and I can't wait to eat :)
We are a genius crowd, aren't we?  
Pray for the Pope! Pray for Benedict the non-Pope! Pray for us!
xoxo, Rachel

1 comment: