Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Downton Abbey...great, but proceed with caution


I recently discovered a TV show (available on DVDs) called Downton Abbey. These episodes are about the life of the servants way back when Jane Austen wrote Pride and Prejudice. Downton Abbey offers a new outlook, since when we think of England back in the 1800s, we think of lacy gowns and top hats and tea and ladies and gentleman, and grand old mansions, but we don't typically think of who had to make sure these mansions of beauty and people living within were properly taken care of, and we don't usually think of how hard that could be.
So, I'll stop talking, and just give you the trailer:



Downton Abbey is not rated. I do NOT recommend this series for anyone under 14, because of some mature elements (There is a not-good gay servant). I have only seen disc 1 and 2 of season 1, so it may change later on, but I can say that so far this is a very enjoyable TV series.
~Toothless


I love this show too but I have to agree with Nina...definitely not for younger kids (Nina and I had a screaming fit/reeeaaally freaked out when it got a little...creepier :)

I do recommend this show though, just have that fast-forward button ready!
~Toothy

No comments:

Post a Comment