Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Rolls. Scrumptiously delicious and easy rolls.

So, apparently I made this post sometime around Thanksgiving but somehow never posted it.  The good news:  your wait has not been in vain (I knooow you've been waiting with baited breath for this :).  May I present...the bestest and easiest roll recipe ever!!
-------
I don't know how the tradition got started, but for years now, I've been the one that bakes the rolls for Thanksgiving. I've never been able to settle on just one recipe, but this year I think I found it.

These are the easiest and tastiest (so tasty they even brought in a proposal...but that's a story for another time :P) rolls I've ever come across.  Did I mention DELICIOUS???

See? I told you so :)
Okay, so let's get down to business (...to defeat the Huns...).  All you need for the basic roll is
______
.6 cups of flour
.2 tsp baking soda
.2 packets instant rising yeast
.3 cups of warm (borderline hot) water.
(yes, that's really it!!)

Pour yeast into water, let sit for 5 minutes.  While the yeast is sitting, mix flour and baking soda in a new bowl.  Once the yeast is done, pour into the flour bowl, mix, and knead for 5 minutes.

Let sit for one hour.  The dough will become gloriously large, doubling in size, at least.

I think  let mine rise for too long.

Remove from bowl and separate into however many buns of different shapes and size and place on a tray.

  At this point you coat with a a thin layer of olive oil.  I added salt and rosemary, but it's up to you.  Bake for 7-10 minutes and enjoy!!
______

Simple and delicious, right??
xoxo, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment