Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I went to Cedar Point for the first time this year, and let me tell you, it is *terrifying*.
Yeah, that was pretty much me on the left...

There I'd be sitting in the ride, buckled up and ready to go, when suddenly I'd realize "Oh my gosh, I DON'T want to do this"and mentally start panicking...but by then the ride has started and the only way to get off is to sit it through.   This happened pretty much every time if you're not counting the one kiddie ride I went on, well, just for the sake of doing it :)

Looking back (it's so much easier to philosophize when your stomach is not 30 ft behind the rest of you) I realize this is kind of my take at life too.  I sometimes catch myself wishing I had never  been born, because then I wouldn't have to face the knowledge of an eternal fire if I screw up somewhere along the line of life.  (quick disclaimer before I receive an onslaught of concerned and well-meaning parents and friends to comfort me, I'm not contemplating suicide at all in the very least) it's just the that the idea of an eternal anything, good or bad is sorta terrifying.


The good news is, we don't have to rely on our own scant and, albeit, pretty pathetic resources to settle our eternal well-being, but instead have an omniscient, omnipotent, all-loving God who is capable and willing to do so.  It's like the original no-strings-attached deals...ask him into your heart, pray for guidance, and in return He brings you to a reward greater than we can imagine.  Sounds good to me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment