Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Best Books Ever!!

Books are: friends, escape, teachers, romance, a gift that will keep on giving. Basically, books are the best things ever, and GOOD books are priceless.
It took me a long time to discover some of these books, so I want to put them up here so that you won't have to pry them out of other people. 
These are probably  my favorites (although, knowing me, I probably left out some obvious one) :P
So enjoy!!

  1.  Waking Rose by Regina Doman--from her modern fairy tale series. I can't tell you how much I love this book. You just have to read it. 
  2. Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw. This book is pretty awesome and super exciting, involving spies, pharaohs, and a breathtaking romance in ancient Egypt.
  3. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. A true story about a daring woman who hid Jews during World War 2, and who eventually got sent to a concentration camp. Many WW2 books are dark and depressing, but this story tells not only of the war's horrors, but also about miracles, hope, and a peace that would seem impossible in such an evil place.
  4. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. This is a great fantasy book. I really liked a lot about it.
  5. Lay Siege to Heaven by Louis De Whohl. This is my favorite saint book yet!! It is so vivid and descriptive, not bland at all. It's a story about St. Catherine of Siena, who lived during a time when the Church's servants were falling into greed, when the boubonic plague broke out. 
  6. First Impressions by Deborah White Smith. This is a take off of Pride and Prejudice, and it's really good! 
  7. Into the Twilight, Endlessly Grousing by Patrick F. McManus. This is basically a book of hilarious short stories. If you ever open this book, make sure you read the chapter, Uncle Flynn's Hairy Adventure. I literally fell on the ground laughing. It's hysterical!!
  8. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I'm sure you all know about this series, and I thought it was really good. However, you might want to check with your parents before you read it, as they may have objections.
  9. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I loved the descriptive language in this, and it was just a great look into the twenties. 
  10. Left to Tell by Imaculee Ilibagiza. I would give this book a rating of PG-13, due to the violent destruction of Human Life within it. It is a very touching, intense book about the Rwandan Genocide, and about a girl with an incredible story. This book showed me many things, one of them being that you can always have hope. 
I love each of these books in a unique way, and I hope you read them!!!
If you have a favorite that's not on this list, please put it in the comments section.

Ciao!
<3 Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment